Sunday, November 17, 2013

Daisy update

2 December: Mastectomy
Right back paw: An small epidermal cyst was hurt, but it has almost healed
Left front paw: Daisy has ocd, so when she is stressed/understimulated/bored she chews on it. 

Bloodwork: Normal, except for the Estradiol. Which means she might have remnants of ovaries from her spaying. 

We are doing 2 test to confirm it: Measure the LH-values and inject gonadotropins and check the values 2 days later. This is to see if estrus was induced. 

I was told, and have had my suspisions, that she looks like a typical Cushing's dog. Not that she has it but that she will probably get develop it later on. It is most commonly diagnosed around 10 years (but now she lives with me, a vet student, so if it is true I will find it out!).


I do not know what is with her. She is going bananas when we are home; whines, playes, eats the bones made out of skin, sits and annoys you by looking at you for 5 min straight. I am taking the normal long walkes, today I even went out running and she actually galopped most of the time. Either she is really understimulated (which I doubt), she is trying to tell me she is sick or I DON'T KNOW. I liked having a sleepy dog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment