Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Summer update

Work is great! I am nervous about setting catheters tough, so today I have been practicing on the dogs at home haha. It went ok: Put it in good on Fenris, hematoma on Tintin, put it in good but nicked the vein just before I had the whole catheter in on Pärlan. Practice makes perfect!

I was working as an extra one day and had to jump in on x-ray. She asked me if I had done any knee-pics, and I said "no I haven't but I am okay with the rest joint pictures". Don't you think that my first 3 orders are knee pictures, so I sat reading all books before, but it went fine! Although the emergency x-rays where a bit to stressful for me whom just got 1 day of education on the x-ray. 
Pic 1. An extremely fat cat, both visceral and subcutaneous fat.
Pic 2. My first medio-lateral knee x-ray pic.
Pic 3. My first dorsal knee pic.

 

I also got an amazing b-day gift 2 weeks ago (I had wished for it).

No comments:

Post a Comment