Thursday, November 6, 2014

Today's update

I am trying to get back to the healthy lifestyle. I started it when I came back here, went 3 weeks and I stopped, so 3 weeks later I am back on the horse again! Yesterday I went out running with the dogs and today I did a strength workout + jogged with the dogs. I am not that into what types of food to eat, as long as I have a good nutritious meal I am happy.

In school today one of our teachers had his last class with us because he is moving to France for 2 years, so we planned and served this big breakfast with cakes, buns and sandwiches.
Then we went to the farm where we gave fluid therapy to one cow (8 l of Isotonic electrolyte solution IV), which has almost all the symptoms of abomasal displacement but doesn't seem to have displacement, she is very sick but they do not know if there will be a surgery. Then we cleaned and massaged the vagina and cervix of a cow with retained placenta (Only 2nd day), and placed antibiotics.
After a short snack-break we got divided into groups of 3 and were given cases, after 10 min we had to "play" vets.
I just let down my hair. It smells like cowshit, but I can't shower because we are going to the farm again tomorrow. SO looking forward to a bath tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment