Thursday, May 30, 2013

Homemade petfood

He wasn't negative about homemade food either, he just explained how it is important to actually understand what you are giving them, and that many people (incl. me) doesn't give them all that they need. A piece of meet will be missing some amino acids and other components.

I give Daisy chicken carcasses and try to give her liver, and mom has told me before that I should add egg shells etc. but until now I didn't understand how important it was and how it affected the body. I have been afraid to try the dog food packed in "sausages" because it says that it contains pork, so I asked him about it and he told me that all of the food has been processed before, so the pork meat has been processed under 60 degrees Celcius to remove all toxins. 

Now that Daisy has cancer again she needs all the nutrients she can get, so I am going to start to make proper meals and try to check nutrient requirements etc. 


No comments:

Post a Comment