Thursday, October 22, 2015

CHABLAM!

Out for the daily walk with the dogs, turn in from the big road onto a field. Let the dogs go, so they can run, thinking "I will let them run now, so they don't go hunting in the forest later". All of a sudden the dogs catch a scent and Ärtan runs after it. I am guessing it is just a bird, but then I freak and think it might be a wild boar (very common in this area). We are still close to the road and far from the forest! I call the dogs, surprisingly they both come back. While running back to me I see a deer jumping in the high grass 2 meters behind them!

On our way back home we walk another path, closer to the road, to avoid meeting the deer again if it would even be there. I look up and see a prey-bird and start wondering what kind of bird it is, and all of a sudden the leashes pull like crazy and Ärtan starts whining. DON'T YOU THINK THE DEER IS 2 m IN FRONT OF US AGAIN?!

A total Snow white/Steve Irwin moment once again... (It happened this summer in Sweden too. But in a bit more suspecting situation = Out in the forest on the countryside)


No comments:

Post a Comment