Thursday, October 22, 2015

Patient 2 (Surgery)

Patient 2 (Surgery lab) - Will update with my notes when I come home!

This patient was a Yorkshire terrier with small tumor on right front limb and left hind limb.
Ida and I assisted; Ida did front leg tumor and I hind leg.

We calculated sedation dose, then it was induced by propofol. (Will update what and how much)

I got to practice the sterile handwash, putting on sterile gloves, handle sterile equipment and I got to incise around the tumor on the hind limb, and assist surgeon while she closed.
  • The tumor on front leg was sent to analysis
  • The tumor on hind leg was a papilloma
A bandage was placed on the front limb, for the owner's sake.
The dog got analgesics (painkillers) and a dose of antibiotic (Penicillin).




No comments:

Post a Comment